Whatlington Garage


Located just outside of Hastings on the A21 near Battle, East Sussex. Whatlington Garage are an established and experienced VAG specialist. Our services are fully comprehensive allowing us to offer a one stop solution for all your vehicle needs. From servicing to tyres, MOT's to diagnostics, bodywork to air conditioning, whatever your needs we are here to help. 
  • General Mechanical Work
  • Tyres, Alignment & TPMS
  • Exhaust’s, EGR's & DPF’s
  • MOT's & MOT Fail Work
  • Servicing & Inspections
  • Gearboxes & Clutches
  • Batteries & Electrics
  • Air Conditioning
  • Diagnostics
  • Bodywork

Online Tyre Ordering

Car Servicing, Repairs, MOT’s & Tyres

We understand just how reliant we are on cars in modern society. Likewise we appreciate just how important it is to find a garage that can service, repair, MOT and keep your car on the road in the Hastings area.

Finding a garage can seem daunting, especially when you want a garage that you can trust to provide honest advice, efficient service and the highest quality professional work. In fact, for many people the dealer ticks all the boxes except one, the price.

This is where Whatlington Garage can help. We are proud of our hard earned reputation of one of the top go to garages for honest advice, reliable work and specialist skills within the VAG group of cars. We are able to tick all the boxes and still keep the price at a fraction of the cost of the dealers.

Bosch, Which? & RAC Accredited

We are proud members of Bosch Car Service, Which Trusted Traders and RAC Accredited Repairers schemes to add peace of mind for our customers.
Bosch Car ServiceRAC Accredited Repair

Estimate Request

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

One of the South East’s leading independent Volkswagen, Audi, Seat & Skoda specialists.

Volkswagen Specialist HastingsAudi Specialist HastingsSeat Specialist HastingsSkoda Specialist Hastings

Used Cars & Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV)

Are you looking to buy a used car near Hastings, East Sussex? Our sister company Brede Garage offers quality, affordable used cars which are fully inspected with a new MOT and nationwide warranty.

Brede Garage also provides high quality, low mileage WAV wheelchair accessible vehicles. Based on the A28 in Brede, just outside of Rye, East Sussex, Brede Garage hold a range of WAV stock.
Visit Brede Garage Website

Unexpected repair bill or limited on funds?

We are proud to offer Payment Assist on larger invoices up to £1000. 
Simply pay 25% of your invoice total when collecting and then the remaining 75% will be split over the following 3 months.
 No Fee, No Interest, No Fuss
Click here to visit the Payment Assist website to learn more
Car & Van Servicing

Car Repair & Servicing

Bosch Car Service near Hastings, East Sussex.

Whilst we are a VW Specialist, our mechanics also service and repair virtually all cars and even light commercial / small vans.
Bosch Mechanic Training Certificates

Bosch Trained Mechanics

RAC Accredited near Hastings, East Sussex.

Our mechanics regularly attend Bosch training courses to ensure they remain up to date on the latest technology, this includes recent training courses on electric and hybrid vehicles. 

Whatlington Garage is one of the few garages in the area where our mechanics are required to attend training as part of our Bosch membership.

Coupled with our diagnostic equipment, MOT testing status and experience this gives our mechanics the best possible chance of testing and fixing your vehicle quickly.

If you have any questions please just ask, we always keep certificates in the office for people to see.

Dealer Level Diagnostics in East Sussex

Code reading, fault finding, coding, programming, DPF’s, TPMS and key coding.

We carry dealer grade diagnostic machines for the entire VAG group of cars including Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda.
This enables us to offer a comprehensive range of dealer level diagnostic services.

MOT’s (Class IV) for Cars & Light Commercial Vehicles

In England, it is a legal requirement that cars and vans undertake an annual test of basic safety once they reach 3 years of age (some exceptions). This test is known as the MOT and was created to inspect the safety of a vehicle ensuring it meets minimum requirements to be on the road. 

Whatlington Garage has a long standing history of providing MOT services in the Battle and Hastings areas within East Sussex. We are able to offer a dedicated MOT ramp and tester providing multiple timed MOT slots per day.

Class 4 MOT’s are priced competitively at just £44.95 including a free retest if needed. You can wait in our waiting area whilst your MOT is done but MOTs do need to be booked in advance via our online booking system or by calling us.

Class 4 MOT


For cars & light commercial
Multiple tests a day
Free Retest
Book Online